Monday, March 11, 2013

Sweetness

The weekend just past has been one of those so very, very busy weekends with lots of things to do both at home and with work commitments. I've got today off to get some things done at home, to spend a bit of time with the little ones and the likes, I also have one very quick thing to do for work, which I'm getting done while Ella is in school and Oliver is having an afternoon nap. Once I'm done writing here off course. Now I've sat down for this first time in about 72 hours without the intention of immediately going asleep!

All in all though it's not something I feel I can or even want to complain about, it's been a pretty good weekend. Visitors in work, showing off what we do. Family visits, my brother-in-law, one of my best friends and his lovely girlfriend, who is also quickly becoming one of my good friends after only a couple of visits. A small party on Saturday night for said brother-in-law's birthday, all without a hitch, a couple of pints beforehand. Sunday was spent doing a bit of window shopping with my wife, her brother and his girlfriend, she tried on some clothes in preparation for a wedding and hen party later in the year.

The point, I guess, of this ramble is to reflect in a positive way on the nice weekend and indeed all the positive things that go on in my life. Yes, absolutely we have problems and hiccups that we have to deal with, family members in dire straits that we are only equipped to help in the smallest ways at the moment. These problems seem much less dark and deadly when viewed in the light of the positives, the family days, watching my kids grow, my oldest two becoming young women, some family members getting past the harder times into something a bit better, good friends, a job that I enjoy and that provides enough for my family to get by on.

I also have plenty of things to look forward too this year, such as a wedding, a few trips for work, wedding anniversary, birthdays, a good friend coming home from Japan and a bachelor party in Hamburg. It’s going to be a busy kind of year and I’m looking forward to it. I’m feeling pretty good about this year all told, and I’m looking forward to everything to come.

Hmm this has all been a bit saccharine, oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment